Blaugust Winner

Blaugust Winner
Blaugust Winner 2014

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Just When I Thought I Was Out.. They (SWTOR) Pull Me Back In

Today I subscribed to SWTOR again.  I WANT to blame Blaugust because it has me all nostalgic for games I have tossed away.  If I'm facing facts however, it really boils down to my desire to play a villain.

Earlier this month I talked about the lack of evil characters in MMO's.  To be a format that pretty much in every case has a good vs. evil scenario, it usually boils down to a few factions fighting each other and the same evil trying to destroy them both.  Neither faction is evil.  They are just vanilla.  Maybe one race on each side might LOOK sketchy, but that is NOT evil.

In Star Wars: The Old Republic I can straight up be evil.  I can seduce some of my companions to the Dark Side.  I can play a Jedi and make him go Dark.  There are all sorts of twisted scenarios I can do.

For now I created a brand new character to play so I can learn the game again after three years away.  A Sith warrior was my choice and I'm head over heels in love with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment